I haven't read all the messages posted in the past, so not sure if you've already discussed this, but what are your favourite sections in the books?
To start with Mélusine, my most re-read bit is definitely chapter 8, when Felix and Mildmay meet in Hermione, and not less importantly, when Mildmay and Shannon meet for the first time. Talk about chalk and cheese!
I liked the bit in the tower when the annemer were standing together in a corner while the wizards were trying to banish the fantome, and on hearing Mildmay and Bernard talk 'Lord Shannon gave us this look like he'd found a dead rat under his bed, and moved further away'.
What a difference to the end of The Mirador when the two brothers are on their way out of Mélusine and they meet Shannon. By then he treats Mildmay quite differently!
I was also puzzled in that section when Shannon is nosing around and about to step into the circle, Felix warns him not to. Could the fantome do something to an annemer? I was under the impression that he could possess/manipulate only wizards. Or is it the same as ghouls, bad for everybody?
God, it's really hard to nail down the favorites, but I'll relate my favorite or most re-read sections
Let's do it in order, shall we?
Melusine: -The intro!
- The part where they're fleeing through the St. Grandine swamp because Mildmay is at his snarkiest there.
- Yep, their meeting in Hermione. Kills me.
- Felix's attempted suicide on the Linlowing Bridge (anything connected to Gideon is so lovely)
- Felix's monologue at the end when he tells Mildmay the truth.
The Virtu: -Anything Gideon/Felix
-The mending of the Virtu, specifically the sealing of the last foundation (the water garden) & the part following where he....turns it back on, I guess?
- Pretty much the whole Klepsydra maze part, especially the heart of the maze and when he falls in the water
- The sealing of the binding by forms
The Mirador: - Gideon relating his story about his worship of the White Eyed Lady
- I actually really love Tabby's discussions with Lord Stephen
- Pretty much everything from Felix taking Isaac to the end. Especially the scene in the prison and dispersing Magnus.
Corambis: -Falling in the river
- Pretty much any time Felix relates his past to Corbie
- The Automyton of Corybant and everything that surrounds it during the train voyage
- Murtaugh. Just...Murtaugh <3
- Felix's discussion of what magic is with Mildmay and the others
- The re-telling of the Nera maze story
Can I just say I love everything? lol
I practically re-read the series all the time. Mostly in bits, obviously, for canon review purposes.
Oh yes. I love Mildmay friendship with Kay. It's kind of adorable. And also how much Mildmay gets into learning things in Corambis.
Yes! The first time Felix meets Kay! I go back to that scene so much in my head. Because there's so much of Felix's characterization written around how he isn't a nice person and yet - "common decency". That just gets me so hard.